Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 10g Upgradation testing

From: <cdprasad.ait_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:45:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

We are upgrading our database from Oracle 9i to 10g. Our development environment is Ascential Datastage ETL Tool

Our project has been already developed by some other team and now only database upgradation is happening.

Need some clarifications and solutions
1) How we can get to know all these objects are properly upgraded

2) What can be the best testing strategy for testing all these database objects like tables, functions, procedures , views, sequences etc. If any similar document has been prepared by any of the projects, please send to my mail id

3) Is there anything we need to do change in any of the objects to make compatible with 10g. like any functions that has to be replaced or datatype mismatching etc .....

4) The type of testing needs to be done for different database objects.

Thanks cdprasad Received on Thu Nov 22 2007 - 02:45:00 CST