Advanced Security Options no algorithms

From: Stefan Kuhn <ng_at_stefankuhn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:22:42 +0100

Hello NG,

I am trying to include network encryption in my Oracle communication. So I installed the Advanced Security Options on the Server. But when I start the tool "adapters" it shows no algorithms to use. Trying to start the database results in a "ORA-12649: Unknown encryption or data integrity algorithm". "Netmgr" shows me all algorithms. Also a "relink all" didnīt bring up some algorithms.

The OS on the Server is a RedHat EL 3
The installed Oracle Version is an Entprise 10.2.0.

Since there are absolutely no algorithms, it has nothing to do with export limitations.

-bash-3.00$ bin/adapters

Installed Oracle Net transport protocols are:

    IPC
    BEQ
    TCP/IP
    SSL
    RAW
    SDP/IB Installed Oracle Net naming methods are:

    Local Naming (tnsnames.ora)
    Oracle Directory Naming
    Oracle Host Naming
   Error!!! Oracle Names Server Naming is not completely installed!

Installed Oracle Advanced Security options are:

Could you please give me some help?

Regards
Stefan Received on Wed Nov 21 2007 - 03:22:42 CST