Re: Help interpreting dba_hist_sqlstat

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:22:44 GMT

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> Looking at your results I think this means that there were
> some statements (more than 30) which were busier than
> the one are interested in (sql_id = 'c8afnp575a327') from
> 1am to 7am, so the statistics were increasing in memory,
> but not fast enough to get into the dump - then from 7:00 am
> to 8:00 this statement started working harder (or the others
> dropped back) so that this was came back into the top 30.

Thanks Jonathan.

One more question. If the sql_id I'm interested in where *completely* flushed from the shared pool (not just from the top 30), does Oracle still maintain the statistic counters for it somewhere? Or will they be reset to 0's.

What I'm trying to accomplish is seeing how much elasped time that sql_id consumed over the past week. If the counters ever get reset to 0, I want to know that and account for it in my query. Received on Tue Nov 20 2007 - 11:22:44 CST