Re: Single row function

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:23:19 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> Rosh157 wrote:

>> Hello:
>> i'm kind of new in Oracle and now learning how to use the Sql*Plus. i
>> have question about
>> Single functions and i hope that somebody can help me.
>> my question is:
>> I using Sql*Plus on oracle 10g, and I want to use the "Single row
>> function" to create a list of books, I have to increase a price of
>> each books based on books category. For example for computer books
>> 10%, for fitness books 7%, and for cooking books 25%. And price
>> should
>> be display with 3 decimal places. (we have a price, title, category,
>> and retail price column).what function should be use and if I have to
>> use the nesting function how can I apply that.
>> Thanks

> There is no such thing in Oracle as the "Single row function."

Oh?
is that why
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/search?remark=quick_search&word=single+row+function&tab_id=&format=ranked results in approx 116 hits on 'single row function'?

From one of these hits:
<quote>
Single-Row Functions

Single-row functions return a single result row for every row of a queried table or view. These functions can appear in select lists, WHERE clauses, START WITH and CONNECT BY clauses, and HAVING clauses. </quote>

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...