changing host credentials for OEM scheduled backup jobs

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:19:35 -0800 (PST)

Platform: Oracle EE 10.2.0.2.0 on HP-UX 11

Used OEM dbcontrol to create a couple of backup jobs (Maintenance tab
> Schedule Backup > Customize Backup) - incremental backup to run
daily and full to run weekly. Running fine for some time but while I was out for a week the SA changed the password for the oracle unix account.

Some jobs failed with "error writing input to command", others with (as expected) "error: wrong password for user"

 I've changed the password in the preferred credentials and in the backup settings, but a retry of a failed job returns "error: wrong password for user". It seems that the credentials are baked into the job and I find no way to change them. I'd hate to think that the only resolution is to kill the currently scheduled jobs and recreate new ones. This password is going to be changing on a regular basis. Received on Mon Nov 19 2007 - 09:19:35 CST