Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:38:43 -0800

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007, damorgan_at_psoug.org wrote:
>> Galen Boyer wrote:

>>> So, while this replacement is considered, how is the problem to
>>> be
>>> figured out?
>> If you can't figure out how to get a qualified DBA in one hour
>> contact me. I can get you one in that much time during normal
>> business hours.
>
> The management that does the hiring does not know Daniel Morgan.  They
> have a problem they want solved.  What exactly are they supposed to do
> again?

So they turn to a developer who doesn't know what to do with DBA privs and turn them loose in prod. This makes sense to you?

Still waiting to hear from you your methodology for identifying issues in a production database.

BTW: If your management is capable of using google.com they are capable of finding me, Jonathan Lewis, Cary Millsap, Jeremiah Wilton, and many others.

But turn loose in prod, with DBA privs, someone that doesn't have a methodology? I would hope not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor