Re: some thoughts on OOW 2007

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:05:41 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 19, 1:10 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> sniperidoo...
> The other item receiving time from Larry was the fusion app's
> announcements or lack thereof. My own quick take on this was
> basically "well we are not yet willing to announce that the fusion app
> rewrites of ebiz and other stuff appears to be sliding off the
> original schedules ... next question?".
>
> There's some kind of new holding strategy of integration packs where
> some subset of existing ERP app functionality points will be
> selectively available in fusion ... looks like a treading deep water
> approach as best as I understand it.

"fusion" was always too near "fiction"
for my taste...

> Many of the presentation sessions ( as usual unfortunately ) seemed to
> be a name game thing. Put something unique in the name of it and try
> to fill a room before people catch on.

oow is a marketeers paradise. always was, always will be. its main value for techos is the opportunity for networking with their peers. the "unconference" idea might be a germ of something sensible in future, we'll see... Received on Sun Nov 18 2007 - 23:05:41 CST