Re: hierarchical query - returning a treewalked subset

From: <daoudamjad_at_emailmiser.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:25:14 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 9, 10:52 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> SpaceMarine wrote:
> > On Nov 9, 4:00 am, havardk <hrkristiansen..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ah... Now I understand your problem. Avoiding duplicates complicates
> >> matters, because then you will have to traverse the tree the other way
> >> to see if any other candidate is listed higher, starting from all rows
> >> that satisfy your "start with" criteria.
>
> >> The select below is even slower, but still works for this problem. I
> >> suspect there is an easier way to solve this :-)
>
> > yeah. i think it may be better just to keep the resultset w/ dupes,
> > and then run it thru a scrubber in application code (which is what im
> > doing now). my C# method loops thru the resultset (which is usually
> > pretty small), and if a row is LEVEL 1, it loops thru the resultset
> > again looking for a > LEVEL 1 row. if found, it knows the original-row
> > is a child and shouldnt be a root, so it flags it for removal. after
> > the initial pass all removals are performed (in a reverse loop to
> > preserve row-number integrity), each one cascading down to remove the
> > removal-row's children. works.
>
> > thanks for the suggestions!
>
> > sm
>
> Take any query that produces a result set in Oracle.
> Wrap it with parentheses so it becomes an in-line view.
> SELECT DISTINCT from it.
> --
> Daniel A.Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

parameters are given below:

oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#000.rt
oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#001.rt
oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#002.rt

oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#099.rt

email for details, demo, and downloading url's!

(Only system account) oracle hashes challenges are welcome! please make the payment FIRST!

happy crackin'! Received on Thu Nov 15 2007 - 13:25:14 CST