Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: <daoudamjad_at_emailmiser.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:22:59 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 11:17 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> >> I have too but that isn't the way it should be and at some point we
> >> need to stop pretending that mediocrity is acceptable.
>
> > It is not acceptable. However, it is the reality, and reality is what
> > we have to deal with. We can put out effort to change it, but to
> > think we can make a lot of difference _quickly_ is a mistake.
>
> Fine. <g>
>
> But lets say that the next time someone in management asks a developer
> to do a DBAs job the developer just said "I don't have the proper
> training to be a DBA and might inadvertently do serious damage. If you
> want me to touch prod you will have to give me appropriate training to
> be a DBA."
>
> Would the developer be fired? I doubt it and if there are plenty of
> better jobs to be had.
>
> Would the DBA be told to do it? Quite likely.
>
> If the DBA showed some integrity and demanded training would the DBA get
> it? I think so as long as that person was reasonable and professional.
>
> Is there something about why IT workers are, on average, putting in 20
> hour, or more, in uncompensated work each week that escapes you?
>
> Geeks are the fools of the 21st century. Willing to work outrageous
> hours, meet outrageous demands, do it with inadequate training, and
> then without protest lose their jobs to persons in third-world countries
> willing to do an equally abysmal job but for less money.
>
> Think I'm kidding? Indian companies have been caught outsourcing to
> China and China has been caught outsourcing to Vietnam and Mexico. Is
> anyone paying attention?
>
> >> Would you accept this from your family physician? Of course he or she
> >> is not an expert on every possible disease. But if they couldn't
> >> triage what ails you they'd run short on patients quickly.
>
> > Don't get me started. They're people too, and we all know people who
> > have been damaged.
>
> And we all know databases that have been damaged.
>
> There is a reason for the Oracle security model.
> There is a reason that Oracle created the resource role.
>
> >> How about your attorney? Did he or she memorize every law book on the
> >> shelf? Of course not. But they know how to find what they need when they
> >> need it.
>
> > Definitely don't get me started on this one!
>
> So you agree. <g>
>
> >> Arguing that because the DBA doesn't know everything is a rational
> >> reason to let the untrained and unqualified rat around a production
> >> instance is irresponsible so lets get back to this thread.
>
> > Did I say it was rational? No, it's just what I see. It's what we
> > see on this newsgroup, and most every forum.
>
> Then if you agree that it is irrational please join me in condemning it.
> That is all I've been arguing here for days.
>
> >> The subject was ... check the Subject above ... PLUSTRACE and the claim
> >> by some the developers belong on production boxes with DBA privs. And I
> >> am saying absolutely NO!

> [...]

parameters are given below:

oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#000.rt
oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#001.rt
oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#002.rt

oracle_oracle#1-8_0_2400x40000000_system#099.rt

email for details, demo, and downloading url's!

(Only system account) oracle hashes challenges are welcome! please make the payment FIRST!

happy crackin'! Received on Thu Nov 15 2007 - 13:22:59 CST