Oracle 10g on Suse-9 Linux (HA Solution)

From: sriram717 <sriram.vrinda_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:48:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

we are planning for HA (active -passive ) solution for 10g R2 ON Suse -9 Linux.I am aware that Oracle Clusterware can be used for the same.If we use Clusterware we have 2 options ASM or OCFS, but in either case the Shared disk is to be configured in such a way that it is accessible from both the nodes.Clusterware does not support the unmouting and mounting of either OCFS or ASM.Is this an acceptable solution looking at the HA Perspective? What are the risks here?.Other than veritas are there any other clustering solutions avalilable on suse linux 9 , some thing like what Red Hat Offers for RHEL -CLUSTER. Any thoughts on the above would be of great help.

Thanks

www.ramsora.blogspot.com Received on Thu Nov 15 2007 - 07:48:19 CST