Re: Accessing data from an MS Exchange server from with Oracle

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:19:27 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 14, 11:59 am, jeremy <jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 Oct, 14:20, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
>

> > On 30 Oct, 09:22,jeremy<jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > This may be more appropriately posted in an Exchange ng but I wanted
> > > to ask here first - we are looking to see if, from within Oracle (9i
> > > or 10g), there are any supported methods or gateways that enable us to
> > > access calendar information from an MS exchange server (versions tbc)?
> > > Has anyone here looked into it before or could point me in the
> > > direction of a resource that I might be able to get more information
> > > from?
>
> > > With many thanks for any assistance
>
> > > --
> > >jeremy
>
> > I'm no Exchange expert, however, Oracle's Heterogeneous Connectivity
> > may get you started in the right direction:
>
> >http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14232/toc.htm
>
> Thanks for the link, from the lack of general response it does seem
> that no-one reading this ng has actually done anything with it. I
> guess if there are APIs on the Exchnage side then using the
> Heterogeneous Connectivity would be the logical way to access those.
>
> Thanks
> --
> jeremy- Hide quoted text -

Take this for what it's worth -- just thinking out loud ...

I have written some vb scripts in Excel macros that pull data out of an Outlook mailbox, so it occurs to me that if you can't get the info from Exchange directly, you might explore an external procedure that could interrogate Exchange and write results to a file that you could then query as an external table. Received on Thu Nov 15 2007 - 07:19:27 CST