Oracle Installer doesn't seem to recognize available swap space when de-installing.

From: Jeroen van den Broek <nltaal_at_baasbovenbaas.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:30:10 -0800

Suse SLES-9 on zSeries (64-bit)
Oracle10gR2 (10.2.0.3)

About two weeks ago I did an unsuccessful install that failed during the link phase (due to a missing 32-bit package that wasn't mentioned in the Install Guide), although it passed the prerequisite check without any errors.
Now I wanted to give it another go after doing a cleanup by running the silent deinstall command mentioned in the OUI and OPatch User Guide:

./runInstaller -deinstall ORACLE_HOME=<LOCATION_OF_ORACLE_HOME> "REMOVE_
HOMES={<LOCATION_OF_ORACLE_HOME_TO_BE_REMOVED>}" -silent

To my surprise, it failed during the same prerequisite check that was passed during the install:

Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4, UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

                                      Passed

All installer requirements met.

Checking Temp space: must be greater than 80 MB. Actual 1348 MB Passed
Checking swap space: 0 MB available, 150 MB required. Failed <<<<

Some optional pre-requisite checks have failed (see above).

However, there is more than enough swapspace available:

grep SwapTotal /proc/meminfo
SwapTotal: 1048568 kB

Anyone seen something like this before or have a hint at what might be the cause of this?

--
Jeroen