Re: Single function problem

From: cc <chris.colclough_at_nospam.jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:17:25 -0500

The first part is (obviously) a dummy select to generate data. The case statement is the point of interest.

with book_list as (

select 'FIRST BOOK' as title, 'COMPUTER' as book_type, 40 as price

from dual

union

select 'SECOND BOOK', 'FITNESS', 100 from dual

union

select 'THIRD BOOK', 'COOKING', 50

from dual

)

select title, book_type,

case when book_type='COMPUTER' THEN price*1.1

when book_type = 'FITNESS' THEN price*1.07

when book_type = 'COOKING' then price*1.25

else price

end as retail_price

from book_list

will create the following result set: