Re: Problem with automatic startup

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:16:03 -0800

On Nov 13, 2:40 am, dbm..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> INFA =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 172.17.66.24)(PORT = 1521))
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVER = DEDICATED)
> (SERVICE_NAME = infa)

I don't have your environment to test, but some platforms have issues with the case (as noted in the Installing link you posted). Compare oratab with SERVICE_NAME. Also, tnsnames files are notorious for being sensitive to stray invisible characters, at least in earlier versions, which I would expect would get a different error. But the most likely issue is what hjr said.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/technology/27tracking.html?_r=1&ex=1351137600&amp;en=8d6b9fafbd080801&amp;ei=5090&oref=slogin