Re: exp/imp (Transportable Tablespace)

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:54:46 +0100

Tom76 wrote:
> Transportable Tablespace feature
>
> source db: 9i
> target db: 10g
> OS: source and target is Linux.
> Tested a migration of few application tablespaces using Transportable
> Tablespace feature. Packages, procedures did not get migrated.
> There is no option to specify paackages or procedures to be
> exported(exp or imp). So I guess they get exported/imported
> automatically.
> No errors during the transportable tablespace procedure. Any idea why
> the packages and procedures did not get migrated.

Time for the concept manual at http://tahiti.oracle.com...

Where (what tablespace) are procedures stored? And what tablespace did you transport?

And as A is not equal to B, no procedures, only data. Unless you transported tablespace A of course - in which case you lost your database.

And import/export will export procedures, packages and functions of a specific user, if you do an export on that level - also documented on tahiti, but in the Utilities manual.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...