Re: Using Enterprise Manager 9.2 with a 10g database?

From: Lodewicus Maas <linux.oracle.dba_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:30:19 +0200

Clive Backham wrote:
> Is there any way to get version 9.2.0.1.0 of Enterprise Manager
> running in standalone mode to talk to a 10g database? Whenever I try
> to connect, it says that "SELECT ANY DICTIONARY" must have been
> granted. But the DBA has checked and I do have that capability.
> Therefore I'm wondering if there's just something incompatible between
> 9.2 EM and a 10g database (actual version is 10.2.0.3.0).
>
> I did download and attempt to install the 10g EM, but as well as the
> installation failing at the 11th hour (one of the various
> "recommended" configurations couldn't run), it installed a 10g
> database and loads of services, and my poor little laptop (1.8GHz CPU,
> 1GB RAM) just collapsed under the strain.

I'm not sure if this is a 9.2.0.1 thing, but I have the 9.2.0.7 patch applied to my Oracle home, and connect successfully to all 10G databases in our environment, as the system/????? user, which have dba rights. On one database system did nto work, and I had to "grant all privileges to system" from the sys user, to be able to get it working. I don't think it's the code that's blocking you out, but rather more stringent grant checking in the 10G source code

Lodewicus Received on Thu Nov 08 2007 - 03:30:19 CST