Re: Object names changed to BIN$pgkQ... etc

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 08:34:33 -0800

On Nov 6, 4:53 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Helma wrote:
> > Hello all,
>
> > I just connected with TOAD 8.6 to a Oracle 10.2.0.1 where i installed
> > a database with tables a few days ago. Now when i connect with TOAD,
> > most of the tables in the table listing are gone. When i check the
> > objects in the tablespaces, toad shows object names like "BIN
> > $PgkQhpIOSbrgQAB/AQAKGA==$0". Checking with user_tables gives the
> > correct names.
> > Any idea how this is happening?
>
> > Regards,
> > H.
>
> These are recyclebin objects and they've been in Oracle now for
> years. You might want to look around and see if you can find a
> class on Oracle basics for 10g as this is just one of a very large
> number of questions you are going to need to ask if you don't find
> someone to be your teacher.
>
> Go to Morgan's Library atwww.psoug.organd look up:
> Purge Recyclebin
> Recyclebin
> Flashback Drop
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

Hello Daniel,

Ok, last question to you: why are suddenly almost all my tables moved to the recyclebin? I will have to look on your site to find the answer.

Indeed i have some question for this teacher i must find. Why are the tables in the recyclebin? And why do i get an ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15264] when i try to recreate a table? Dropping a partitioned table gave ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [20445] , which is , according to metalink,

" Changes
This may be triggered by moving datafiles or making other changes to your database.
Cause
This is caused by unpublished Bug 3738431.

Unfortunately, there is currently no fix available for this bug.

However, the following workaround should resolve the issue.:

  1. purge recyclebin;
  2. Bounce the database and retry the statement again. "

i tried to purge the recyclebin, but the command hang for about half an hour, then i interrupted it.

But i will take your advice, Daniel, i find me a proper teacher. Meanwhile, do you mind that i use this forum to increase my knowledge? That's not too bad, for others use this forum to ventilate their frustrations or humiliate others for not knowing much about Oracle.

Regards,
Helma.

To David:
No, i haven't recreated the tables - and i was the only one on the system so i should know. I know i should investigate some more before sending such a cry of help in the forum, i guess i had an emotional spike ;-) Received on Tue Nov 06 2007 - 10:34:33 CST