Re: OCF(v2).

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 07:55:29 -0800

per.lanvin_at_fouredge.se wrote:

> On Nov 6, 3:53 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>> per.lan..._at_fouredge.se wrote:

>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> 10g, two stand alone DBs (not RAC) + proprietary cluster.

>>> Well, that's a good to begin with but if that's the starting point we
>>> would like to add nifty features such as.
>>> i) If a write process has been active for more than x seconds, pass
>>> through all read processes in the queue.
>>> And with even more intelligence added: ii) Write's could be passed
>>> through as well as long as they don't interfere with each other.
>>> Rgds
>>> /PL
>> Two separate 10g instances hitting the same database files without
>> the benefit of Oracle clusterware? Have you considered just dropping
>> a brick on your foot. Why? My expectation is that you are trying to
>> earn pain and will likely get a boatload of it.
>
> ((:
> Well, it's not easy but if the concept can be proven the idea has alot
> of potential.
>

> Rgds
>
> /PL

The brick takes less time and anyone that has studied Oracle RAC can predict, with 99.99999999% certainty, the outcome.

It is one thing to waste time reinventing the wheel.

Quite another to think throwing yourself off a cliff is a good way to learn to fly.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington