Re: OCF(v2).

From: <per.lanvin_at_fouredge.se>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:29:12 -0000

On Nov 5, 6:09 pm, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 5:25 pm, "per.lan..._at_fouredge.se" <per.lan..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I need some advise from someone who knows alot about OCF and maybe CFs
> > in general..
>
> > Suppose you have two independent (A & B) database nodes share a
> > database volume on a CF.
> > Is it possible to have the CF queue (FIFO) requests (read / write)
> > from either node in order to let them be executed in that order?
>
> > Rgds
>
> > /PL
>
> You mean you don't plan to use Advanced Queueing for this purpose?
> Why use a CF, if the functionality is already in Oracle?

The main reason for using a CF is that both database hosts need to be active, at the same time writing to the same database. If transaction/ requests (r||w) could be queued (LIFO) and executed accordingly then we believe it would work. I'll read up on AQ, thanks for the tip.

Rgds

/PL Received on Mon Nov 05 2007 - 14:29:12 CST