Re: Help trying to debug this DUMB pl/sql code

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:04:25 -0800

On Nov 5, 12:19 pm, "ame..._at_iwc.net" <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 12:13 pm, "ame..._at_iwc.net" <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a package I'm trying to run through a debugger and find some
> > weird error. The package uses a defined type VARRAY:
>
> > TYPE IN_STR_ARR IS VARRAY(500) OF VARCHAR2(500);
>
> > The package has a number of parameters it accepts:
>
> > PROCEDURE awi_report_php (
> > p_site_id NUMBER,
> > p_i IN OUT IN_STR_ARR,
> > p_o IN OUT IN_STR_ARR,
> > p_v IN OUT IN_STR_ARR,
> > p_columns IN OUT IN_STR_ARR,
> > line OUT TEST_CURSOR,
> > p_str OUT VARCHAR2,
> > p_save_out OUT VARCHAR2,
> > p_save_in VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL,
> > p_comp_id VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL,
> > p_customer_id VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL);
>
> > Anyhow, if I try to debug with TOAD, I get some error about it not
> > being able to find the TYPE.
> > If I try to debug using SQL Developer, it complains about some 6531
> > error regarding an uninitialized collection.
>
> > WTF? This thing runs without any debugger (though it has an
> > error).
>
> > Can anyone think of anything???
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Can I add, that I am explicitly assigning values to each of the
> elements.......- Hide quoted text -

Can we add that you regularly pull this stunt (not providing any useful information, such as Oracle version [all four numbers], actual code, actual error message) and expect someone to possess a crystal ball to assist you?

Can YOU add the missing information?

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Nov 05 2007 - 13:04:25 CST