Re: OCF(v2).

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:32:08 -0800

per.lanvin_at_fouredge.se wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some advise from someone who knows alot about OCF and maybe CFs
> in general..
>
> Suppose you have two independent (A & B) database nodes share a
> database volume on a CF.
> Is it possible to have the CF queue (FIFO) requests (read / write)
> from either node in order to let them be executed in that order?
>

> Rgds
>
> /PL

Please define your terms.

  1. What version of Oracle?
  2. Are you discussing RAC? If not what are you discussing?
  3. If RAC have you read the concepts and architecture docs? Which ones?

If you want serialization what you are saying is that if node 1 starts something that will take 15 minutes you want node 2 to freeze. Does this make sense?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington