Re: package htp

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:02:21 +0100

"Jake" <jgarfield_at_earthlink.net> schreef in bericht news:1194280640.737187.57230_at_q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> I know this isn't going to be popular, but here goes.
>
> Looking at the HTP package, if I had to make a lot of web pages using
> that, it looks like it would be, well, painful, compared to other
> languages like PHP, Ruby, ASP, JSP for instance.
>
> Is this commonly used to create web pages using PL/SQL, or is there
> another preferred method?
>
> Does PL/SQL have any templating mechanism where you can create a text
> html template and just "fill in the blanks" procedurally?
>

> thanks.

Actually there is, or used to be (not sure about it): pl/sql server pages (psp).
Search for psp oracle on google.

I haven't seen anyone use it ever, but it worked......

Shakespeare Received on Mon Nov 05 2007 - 11:02:21 CST