Re: Problem with installing Oracle 10g release 2 on Linux

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:08:01 -0800

On Nov 1, 9:19 pm, "Dax" <dbm..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, hello to the group !
>
> I have a problem installing Oracle 10g release 2 on RHEL 4 update 4. :(
>
> RHEL is fresh installation with next packages:
>
> a.. Server Configuration Tools (4 of 11)
> a.. Development Tools (57 of 75)
> a.. X Software Development (16 of 18)
> a.. Compatibility Arch Development Support (8 of 8)
> a.. Legacy Software Development (6 of 6)
> a.. Administration Tools (11 of 12)
> a.. System Tools (12 of 50)
> a.. libaio-0.3.105-2.x86_64.rpm
>
> Next, I've created oracle user that will run the installation and edited his
> profile. Also I have created two groups, oinstall and dba and edited kernel
> parameters.
>
> groupadd dba
> groupadd oinstall
> useradd -m oracle -g oinstall -G dba
> mkdir /oracle
> mkdir /oracle/10g
> chown -R oracle:oinstall /oracle
> mkdir /osource
>
> cat >> /home/oracle/.bash_profile << EOF
> #Added for Oracle Installation
> ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
> ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/10g/db_1
> ORACLE_SID=INFAT
> export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID
> PATH=/oracle/10g/bin:$PATH:.
> export PATH
> EOF
>
> cat >> /etc/sysctl.conf << EOF
> #Added for Oracle Installation
> kernel.shmall = 2097152
> kernel.shmmax = 2147483648
> kernel.shmmni = 4096
> kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 128
> fs.file-max = 65536
> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 65000
> net.core.rmem_default = 262144
> net.core.wmem_default = 262144
> net.core.rmem_max = 262144
> net.core.wmem_max = 262144
> EOF
>
> Installation itsefl is successfull but when it comes to the linking part, it
> just breaks with errors on next sceenshoots:
>
> http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/31775/2000600490498948133_fs.jpg
>
> http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/30975/2000609142436376501_fs.jpg
>
> http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/33945/2000621709332438227_fs.jpg
>
> http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/31606/2006214369960489243_fs.jpg
>
> http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/33762/2006205106893786925_fs.jpg
>
> http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/34192/2006225690369446577_fs.jpg
>
> Please help !! :((((

Why are you repeating the exact same question that you previously asked here, not more than 3 days ago:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/0a0438694ccc55b0/4afe5813ae6a254a?hl=en#4afe5813ae6a254a

??

You were told, twice, what the problem AND THE FIX was in that original post. Have you not tried that fix? If not, why not?

And, also for the second time, but rather more bluntly this time: will you please stop cutting-and-pasting from my copyrighted shell scripts and articles without one word of acknowledgement or attribution. Received on Sun Nov 04 2007 - 22:08:01 CST