Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2007 20:10:08 -0600

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007, damorgan_at_psoug.org wrote:

> Do you know a single Java developer that knows how to run an Explain
> Plan? Could tell you what DBMS_XPLAN is and how it works? Knows the
> difference between NOT IN and NOT EXISTS? I don't. I'm sure there are
> a couple of them out there somewhere but I've never met them.

This is just plain flippn close-minded. Of course there are hoards of java developers whom stink at database work, but to say that you have yet to see one? Then you are not paying attention to the ones you meet. You see java and you get on your arrogant high-horse. Stop and look around. There are quite a few very competent java developers who are also very competent at databases. There are a few java developers I'd rather have roaming around production than alot of the DBAs I've come across.

--
Galen Boyer