Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: Thomas Kellerer <FJIFALSDGVAF_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:16:55 +0100

Galen Boyer wrote on 03.11.2007 14:08:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007, damorgan_at_psoug.org wrote:
>

>> But would you want to run the production servers at an enterprise such
>> as Amazon, Boeing, T-Mobile, Mitsubishi based on this?

> I'm not going to mention the three big companys that have the practices I've
> seen, but they are as well known and large as these.

I can second that from my experience.

Here is a real-live answer from a DBA from a very large US computer company:

"No, we will not add FK constraints to that table, it will slow down the system. And besides: the data will always be consistent, and your application [accesssing that data] will never have to cope with invalid data"

Guess what happened... Received on Sat Nov 03 2007 - 08:16:55 CDT