Re: This error is a nutcase

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:21:50 -0700

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2:30 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> ame..._at_iwc.net wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> We have an Oracle database, running 8I, which feeds some websites.
>>> When we bring up a particular page, it throws an Oracle error before
>>> displaying the data on the screen.  It is a user-defined error and the
>>> status code is 1.
>>> Now, if we hit the back button and bring up the page again 2 or 3
>>> times, all of a sudden the content is displayed and no Oracle error.
>>> Go figure???
>>> Help anyone??
>> Help without having a clue what you are using for an application server
>> or seeing a single line of code?
>>
>> Ok. Add more RAM. <g>
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org

> Without a feasability study, seventeen meetings discussing why there
> was a feasability study, 13 more meetings on "why wasn't THIS covered
> in the study?", three more studies to include the "missing"
> information, four hour-long PowerPoint presentations on why the
> Chicago Bears lost last weeks game, 5 meetings to discuss the amended
> results of the study, yet another meeting to discuss the bids from 337
> vendors vying to supply the RAM, one Board of Directors meeting to
> table the resolution and 16 hours of down time deciding which memory
> card goes into which slot to make the server 'balanced'?
>
> Shame on you, Daniel. <g>
>

> David Fitzjarrell

What are you: Some kind of scrooge trying to increase unemployment before the holidays. <g>

Here's the application I'd like to see someone write ...

  1. Enter the cost of the item being considered.
  2. Enter the hourly rate of the employees meeting to discuss it.
  3. For each meeting enter the hours spent in preparation, and meeting, and follow-up.
  4. When the cost of the meetings exceeds the cost of the item ...
  5. The software issues the purchase order and pink slips for the employee's managers and emails the employees and tells them to get back to doing real work.

I figure if I released the software for $10 per copy a minimum of $10,000,000 would be spent in the first six months considering whether to implement it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington