Re: recyclebin problem.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:10:44 -0700

Chuck wrote:
> oracle 10.2.0.3, recycelbin parameter is on. I drop a table in an
> non-system LMT but nothing is in the recyclebin. What am I missing here?
>
> SQL> show parameter recyclebin
>
> NAME TYPE VALUE
> ----------- ----------- ------------------
> recyclebin string on
>
> SQL> create table mytable as select * from dba_users;
>
> Table created.
>
> SQL> select tablespace_name from user_tables where table_name = 'MYTABLE';
>
> TABLESPACE_NAME
> ------------------------------
> USERS
>
> SQL> select count(*) from mytable;
>
> COUNT(*)
> ----------
> 13
>
> SQL> drop table mytable;
>
> Table dropped.
>
> SQL> show recyclebin
> SQL> select * from recyclebin;
>
> no rows selected

conn / as sysdba

SQL> CREATE TABLE t (

   2 testcol DATE);

Table created.

SQL> DROP TABLE t;

Table dropped.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM dba_recyclebin;

   COUNT(*)

          0

SQL> conn uwclass/uwclass
Connected.

SQL> CREATE TABLE t (

   2 testcol DATE);

Table created.

SQL> DROP TABLE t;

Table dropped.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM dba_recyclebin;

   COUNT(*)

          1

SQL> There is value in reading the docs. <g>

And you shouldn't be using SYS for anything other than specific management tasks ... clean up your mess and get out of there.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington