Re: This error is a nutcase

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:42:36 -0700

Comments embedded.
On Nov 2, 8:38 am, "ame..._at_iwc.net" <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an Oracle database,

Not all are created equal.

> running 8I,

8.1.5? 8.1.6? 8.1.7? Which patch level? You're absent much information here which we need to assess this situation of yours.

> which feeds some websites.

Any in particular?

> When we bring up a particular page,

Ahh, so it's not a 'specific' page, it's a 'particular' page.

> it throws an Oracle error

Well, then, it is rather particular, isn't it?

> before
> displaying the data on the screen.

Umm, you did say it was 'particular'.

> It is a user-defined error

Well, gee, that makes the error number between 20000 and 20999. Any clue which number that might be? And any idea what code is causing this error? Any inkling at all?

> and the
> status code is 1.

What, no error text? No line numbers? No utterly useful output to assist in this wild goose chase you've presented?

> Now, if we hit the back button and bring up the page again 2 or 3
> times, all of a sudden the content is displayed and no Oracle error.

Again, you stated at the beginning this page was 'particular'.

> Go figure???

Be my guest. However you haven't told anyone here where they could go to start figuring anything.

> Help anyone??

If you can't post specifics (Oracle version to four numbers, code producing the error, the ERROR TEXT and what, exactly, you were doing when this grievous error occured) you can't expect any assistance other than what you've just received. When WE have more information YOU can get information and help. It's truly that simple.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Nov 02 2007 - 10:42:36 CDT