Looks like HJR is thinking about tossing in the towel?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:46:35 -0700

I have been way too busy lately. I guess being busy beats the alternative.

A recent blog posting notes that HJR is ( once again ) thinking about shutting down. I guess that doesn't surprise me a lot as I have noticed that he is sporadically posting here on cdos.

Several thoughts in no specific order. The enthusiasm and quality of blogging about oracle has really spiraled down over the last 2 years ... maybe the honeymoon is over?

Those people that do post the most are pretty much unchanged. The usual suspects with the usual ulterior motives possibly. Yeah the cherry sisters are still alive plus well ... you know.

I have been thrown off HJR's site's more than once. I guess if you want to express opinions that don't agree with his viewpoint that's what happens.

However much more than that HJR's site has gone through so many versions and providers and reincarnations that it was probably very hard for people to keep up. Vague good intentions of preserving older content just never happened.

C'est la vie toujours tout la meme. It would be good to see HJR back here on cdos but I am not sure he has the appetite for it any longer.

It's a tough choice putting in so many hours on something that doesn't bring in any additional revenue. Received on Thu Nov 01 2007 - 18:46:35 CDT