Re: Select statement tuning - help required

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:25:55 -0700

On Nov 1, 4:29 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
> Charles,
> You are both IT Manager and DBA ? I want your job :-)
>
> Matthias

Yes, I have held both titles for the last 5+ years. The arguments between the DBA and the primary programmer are brutal at times... Did I mention that I have been the primary programmer even longer. :-) It's nice not having to guess who is responsible for fixing problems when they occur (and being able to rectify the problems quickly), whether it is a problem with the Oracle database, Microsoft Exchange, a Fanuc control on a CNC machine that no longer communicatees with a computer, a computer hardware problem, or a phone system problem.

A bit further off topic: Is it just me, or is suprisingly difficult finding/hiring a VB programmer who can tune a SQL statement running on an Oracle database.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Thu Nov 01 2007 - 16:25:55 CDT