Re: Problem with partitioning

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:40:06 -0700

On Nov 1, 3:20 pm, nitesh <oracledba.nit..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my organization, few tables were partitioned recently. But all the
> rows are going to default partition istead of going to the appropriate
> partition. So the appliclation team thinks that something wasn't done
> correctly - rows aren't distributed.
>
> So my task is to investigate why rows are going to default partition.
> I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

It wasn't done correctly, as your partitioning 'key' isn't correct for how you want the data distributed. Of couse no one will be able to help you fix this without the partitioned table definition, the release of Oracle you're using (all FOUR numbers) and a description of how you want the data distributed.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Nov 01 2007 - 15:40:06 CDT