Problem with installing Oracle

From: <dbmejl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:26:30 -0000

First of all, hello to the group !

I have a problem installing Oracle 10g release 2 on RHEL 4 update 4. : (

RHEL is fresh installation with next packages:

a.. Server Configuration Tools (4 of 11)
a.. Development Tools (57 of 75)
a.. X Software Development (16 of 18)
a.. Compatibility Arch Development Support (8 of 8)
a.. Legacy Software Development (6 of 6)
a.. Administration Tools (11 of 12)
a.. System Tools (12 of 50)
a.. libaio-0.3.105-2.x86_64.rpm

Next, I've created oracle user that will run the installation and edited his
profile. Also I have created two groups, oinstall and dba and edited kernel
parameters.

groupadd dba
groupadd oinstall
useradd -m oracle -g oinstall -G dba
mkdir /oracle
mkdir /oracle/10g
chown -R oracle:oinstall /oracle
mkdir /osource

cat >> /home/oracle/.bash_profile << EOF
#Added for Oracle Installation

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/10g/db_1
ORACLE_SID=INFAT

export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID PATH=/oracle/10g/bin:$PATH:.
export PATH
EOF cat >> /etc/sysctl.conf << EOF
#Added for Oracle Installation
kernel.shmall = 2097152
kernel.shmmax = 2147483648
kernel.shmmni = 4096
kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 128

fs.file-max = 65536
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 65000
net.core.rmem_default = 262144
net.core.wmem_default = 262144
net.core.rmem_max = 262144
net.core.wmem_max = 262144

EOF Installation itsefl is successfull but when it comes to the linking part, it
just breaks with errors on next sceenshoots:

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/31775/2000600490498948133_fs.jpg

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/30975/2000609142436376501_fs.jpg

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/33945/2000621709332438227_fs.jpg

http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/31606/2006214369960489243_fs.jpg

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/33762/2006205106893786925_fs.jpg

http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/34192/2006225690369446577_fs.jpg

Please help !! :(((( Received on Thu Nov 01 2007 - 05:26:30 CDT