Oracle managed statistics

From: Altus <silverback_at_photobooks.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:00:28 -0700

Once again I turn to the gurus.

I have a vendor who is nervous about the Oracle managed statistics (target object auto). They don't like seeing objects with statistics older than a month.

My choices are:
1) Fight a battle "re: are the statistics REALLY stale".

    This will be long and futile, since management likes vendors. 2) Change the frequency/agressiveness of the auto analyze. 3) Run the full analyze every day/week/2 weeks.

    Waste of resources / 8i way of doing things.

Since I haven't played with the statistics area of GRID or 10g, I would like to take that approach.

Is there a way to adjust Oracle's threshold?

Thanks,

Evan

Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Red Hat 3.
Three node RAC.

GRID shows the script as:
begin

   dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(
   options=> 'GATHER AUTO');
end;

Last night it analyzed 222 objects in 8.46 minutes. This left 899 tables and 1553 indexes analyzed before September 22 (vendor has a tizzy). Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 14:00:28 CDT