Re: Help: database can not be see from DBCA

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:45:25 -0000

> If you have a reproducible test case ( sorry kind of confused here
> since you posted something similar a couple of weeks ago ) that fails
> with current maintenance levels ( 10.2.0.3 for example or 9.2.0.8 )
> then you should probably file a service request with oracle.
>
> They can work at getting a bug filed as well as getting a documented
> workaround. That way the information can be made available to other
> people.

Thanks for the advice.

We have not bought the RAC license yet, the budget has not been approved yet, so I can not open a TAR. It is something I will do as soon as I got CSI# if I can not get this solved here.

It may not be a bug, maybe it is just one more command that needs to be run after we run
"$srvctl add database -d dbnam -o OH_HOME"

It should be something like
$dbca -silent -adddb dbname(but only the the registry,not create the database)

I just can not figure it out. Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 07:45:25 CDT