Re: Help: database can not be see from DBCA

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:51:35 -0000

> The only bug I think here is your understanding of the word database.
> It makes sense to add or remove instances (nodes). But remove a
> database? What does that mean to you? If you go into SQL*Plus and type
> DROP DATABASE what do you expect will happen?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

Daniel,

"$srvctl remove database -d dbname" does not physically drop the database. It only removes the entry of the database from OCR and CRS, and of course what ever registry DBCA is reading from. The database file, spfile,controlfile,redologfile are all intact. I can do
$srvctl add database -d dbname -o ORACLE_HOME and everything is back on track, except DBCA is missing something here.

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 06:51:35 CDT