Re: Again, Solaris or Linux for RAC

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:36:16 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:08:11 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Ah, an attempt of humor again? Lawrence Livermore is also funded by
> federal budget which means that they are rather different from the vast
> majority of companies except, of course, Blackwater Security and
> Halliburton Energy Services.

The topic was whether it is a stable implementation with very high scalability and performance. A topic you are incapable of discussing as you have no actual experience from which to formulate an opinion. Thus you tried to change the topic to politics.

Consider commenting on things when you have some basis other than prejudice for your remarks. In this case, very clearly, you have zero hands-on experience.

BTW: Inventory systems are inventory systems. Financial systems are financial systems. It doesn't matter whether commercial, public sector, health care, telecom, or banking. But perhaps that too is outside of the range of your personal experience.

If you want people to give serious consideration and respect to your opinions ... consider having some basis for them. In our world, Oracle, that means metrics.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington