Re: Why Oracle creates two shared memory segments instead of one?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:50:37 +0100

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message
>> Is Tru64 a NUMA implementation ?
>
> It is, at least for newer releases:
> http://h30097.www3.hp.com/informationlibrary.html
>
>> Is this 10g.
>>
>> There is a NUMA optimizations that does this by default
>> in 10g: check parameter _enable_numa_optimization.
>>

> I expect this is the answer the OP was looking for. Good eye,
> Jonathan.

Lucky timing - one of my clients sent me an email two days ago asking if I knew why one of their machines was giving them 20 segments per instance: then followed up with an email saying they'd found the answer .. they had 18 NUMA groups, so the twenty was one per group, plus one big one, plus one small one

See Metalink note 399261.1

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis