Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:09:45 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> On Oct 26, 8:21 am, zino <antony6..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> why our DBA refuse to give us permission on PLUSTRACE ???
>> does that role expose the database to any security flaw ???
>> I need to set the AUTOTRACE to understand how the sql script is
>> functionning, but our DBA refuse to give us permission to PLUSTRACE.
>> View that I'm new to oracle, is there other way to analyse what the
>> script is doing other than setting AUTOTRACE.
>> thanks for help

> Look at what Tom Kyte has to say and how to explain the usage ...
>
> http://asktom.oracle.com
>
> He covers it well in several of his books additionally.
>
> Not surprised that other responders to this thread are off base ...

Tom has many hundreds of posts on autotrace is the OP supposed to guess to which one you are making reference?

But given your extensive experience as a DBA ... rather than pointing to Tom ... why don't you tell us why developers should not have autotrace on a dev box. I am sure many here would be interested in your opinion.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington