Re: Help with my SQL trace in 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:29:36 -0700

joe bayer wrote:
> I am a developer/junior DBA, hope all the experts here can help me out.
>
> We have an third party software on 10.2.0.3, Linux.
>
> From time to time, we have to do a SQL trace. As all the connection is from
> application server, all the login are the same username, and from v$session,
> client_identifier is null.
>
> How should I enable a tracing in this kind of system, do I have to enable
> 10046 from instance level, bounce database every time? Any easier way?
>
> Thanks very much for your help

Do you need to trace by session? Tracing by service is available via the DBMS_MONITOR built-in package.

You can also use various techniques, as SYS, to trace within a session such as DBMS_SUPPORT and DBMS_MONITOR.
http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_support.html http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_monitor.html

These are documented in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org.

--
Daniel A. Morgan