Re: add table to hr user

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:03:52 -0700

On Oct 26, 3:11 pm, Grzesiek <grzesiek.wilanow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have created (in JDeveloper) a table "myTable". Now i want that
> table to become hr user's table, i.e i want to have access to that
> table after creating jdbc connection (hr schema) to it. How can i do
> it?
>
> Thanx
> :-)

It's all well documented in the ... ahem ... documentation found here:

http://tahiti.oracle.com

You'll need to grant hr access (select, insert, update, delete or any combination of those) to the table then connect as hr and create a synonym if you want hr to be able to access the table without using the owner.table_name syntax. Basically as the current table owner you would:

SQL> grant select on mytable to hr;

SQL> connect hr/hr

SQL> create synonym mytable for someotherowner.mytable;

SQL> select * from mytable;

Again this is in the documentation and also in the newsgroup archives. A simple search would have answered your question before you asked it. And now it's been answered again.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 16:03:52 CDT