Re: Read Only user without default tablespace

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN05P4M_at_gmail.com.invalid>
Date: 25 Oct 2007 20:56:36 GMT

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:36:40 -0700, jim.griffiths wrote:

> I have a read only user that was created on an Oracle 10.g database that
> needs access to 9 different tablespaces.
>
> When I connect with sqlplus I cannot find an option to select the
> tablespace that I want to connect to for that session. Is it possible to
> do that?
>
> Would there be a way to define a tnsnames.ora entry that would connect
> me to the appropriate tablespace?

"Connecting to a tablespace" does not make any sense.

What are you trying to do with those tablespaces when connected under this username? If you want to issue select statements against 9 different schemas whose objects are in 9 different tablespaces, you have to use:

alter session set current_schema=<schema name>; Received on Thu Oct 25 2007 - 15:56:36 CDT