Re: Incomplete recovery question again

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:10:13 -0700

On Oct 25, 9:56 am, eAddict <eAdd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> So.... how do I debug what I might have done wrong? Why isn't this
> cancel based recovery working?

> Specify log: {<RET>=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL}
> cancel
> ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get
> error below
> ORA-01194: file 2 needs more recovery to be consistent
> ORA-01110: data file 2: '/oraBCV/hot/oradba/sisi/oracle/TEMP_01.dbf'
>
> ORA-01112: media recovery not started
>
> SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
> alter database open resetlogs
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01194: file 2 needs more recovery to be consistent
> ORA-01110: data file 2: '/oraBCV/hot/oradba/sisi/oracle/TEMP_01.dbf'
>
> SQL>

> The way the 'backup' was done was a copy of the database was made from
> a set of mirrored disks. The LIVE database files were put in backup
> mode, a copy of the control file was made, the disks were split, the
> LIVE database was taken out of backup mode. Then the mirrors were
> mounted on another server. I created a new controlfile to change the
> SID and the path to the files. Then I tried to recover.
>
> What did I miss?
> Vince

You need to apply more logs, perhaps the online redo, since the controlfile you are using was not from the backup. See metalink Note: 435201.1

How did you create the new controlfile? Which version are you on?

I suspect you didn't put temp files into backup mode when you copied them - does v$datafile_header show them as fuzzy? I'm wondering if you have created your temp tablespace "correctly." See Note:160426.1 In other words, you shouldn't have to restore them because they should be temp files, not data files. Is anything in v$tempfile? Is there an ADD TEMPFILE when you backup controlfile to trace?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
The internet is gonna die!  http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?section_id=499&doc_id=136705&