orion tool errors (storax_aiowait)

From: foothillbiker <foothillbiker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:19:17 -0000

All,

I'm unable to get orion (oracle i/o numbers tool) to run a test to completion on a Dell PowerVault MD3000i unit, and would appreciate any pointers you can provide (perhaps I'm missing a magic rpm??)

NOTE: orion on this server runs fine against other storage, such as HP StorageWorks MSA-1000

Platform Details:

     $ rpm -q libaio
     libaio-0.3.105-2
     libaio-0.3.105-2

- storage interface: iscsi w/ multipath (have same errors w/out
multipath as well)

I also confirm that the luns are accessible using dd

The orion errors:
Simple Test: (error always occurs on the first attempt to perform large i/o -- Point 27 for my test)

     # ./orion -run simple -testname simplemd3k -num_disks 14 - cache_size 368

     ORION: ORacle IO Numbers -- Version 11.1.0.0.0
     Test will take approximately 42 minutes
     Larger caches may take longer

     storax_aiowait: IO returned an error 27061
     OER 27061: waiting for async I/Os failed
     Linux-x86_64 Error: 5: Input/output error
     Additional information: -1
     Additional information: 1048576
     lun_aiowait: storax_aiowait failed.
     rwbase_run_test: rwbase_reap_req failed
     rwbase_run_process: rwbase_run_test failed
     rwbase_rwluns: rwbase_run_process failed
     orion_thread_main: rw_luns failed
     Test error occurred
     Orion exiting

Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks! Received on Mon Oct 22 2007 - 17:19:17 CDT