Re: Some tuning advise

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:20:24 -0700

On Oct 22, 10:22 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric von Horst wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I need some general advise on tuning.
>
> Why?
>
> There's absolutely nothing in your post that leads to
> anything to be said (apart from the obvious: state your version
> including 5th decimal, start looking where anything might be wrong).
>
> You're not suffering from ODCTD, are you?
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I'm with Ian - 4GB with db_block_buffers=2000? Red flag, not obsessiveness. In general, reviewing things that obviously haven't been tuned is not obsessive. Periodically reveiwing isn't obsessive. Trying to get the last little bit of SGA filled, that's obsessive.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"CLARIFICATION: EVACUEES ARE DIRECTED TO QUALCOMM STADIUM NOT QUALCOMM