Re: All Recent Backups Appear "EXPIRED" through RMAN

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN05P4M_at_gmail.com.invalid>
Date: 18 Oct 2007 20:06:21 GMT

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:29:46 -0700, sillz wrote:

> I ran a modified version of the run block you gave me. I had to
> allocate a channel for maintenance first. All results come back
> expired. This is really perplexing.
>
> I'm wondering now if I should just do my backups from RMAN instead of
> Backup Exec.
>
> Here's the output of the commands.

This really seems to be a problem with the BackupExec agent or its configuration. I cannot try helping you any further since I don't have any knowledge on this product.

I think you're right: you should temporarily take the next RMAN backups to disks (and then to tapes) since you're not sure of the reliability of the BackupExec agent.
Meanwhile I hope the BackupExec support service can sort this mess out for you.

Jerome Received on Thu Oct 18 2007 - 15:06:21 CDT