Re: Using Substitution Variables Dynamically in File Names

From: Ruud de Koter <nobody_at_internet.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:33:34 +0200

sfitzgerald02_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I believe (.) is the default concat string. Just in case I used
>
> SET CONCAT .
>
> then ran my script again. There were no changes to the output.

Hi Steve,

Took a while to figure this one out. Of course, and like you, I have been looking at the fancy complicated stuff first. Then, after about half an hour I realized that your line "select scompanyname sn from tblcompany where ncompanyid= :companyid" never gets executed. Add a semicolumn and it works.

That also makes clear that you are right with respect to the default concat string, however confusing the documentation may be.

Regards,

Ruud de Koter. Received on Thu Oct 18 2007 - 10:33:34 CDT