Re: delete database file on server -> sharing violation

From: Ruud de Koter <nobody_at_internet.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:48:20 +0200

pearl146_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 17, 4:22 pm, EdStevens <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Let's see, you have files that you don't know where they come from,
>> you don't know where they might be used, and yet you are still trying
>> to delete them . . . .

> Yes, because my chef wants me to delete them and I don't know how.

At some moment during this operation you might have had an inkling it is not a good idea to delete files that are apparently in use. You might consider discussing this with your chef: is it sound approach to just do away with files even when they are being used?

Regards,

Ruud de Koter.

PS. I am from a very liberal culture, nobody will be surprised if I question my chef's ideas. I know it doesn't work that way everywhere, but in cases like this it seems worth the trouble. Received on Wed Oct 17 2007 - 16:48:20 CDT