Re: Where are FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS recorded?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:58:05 -0700

On Oct 16, 10:51 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:04:05 -0700, "deebe..._at_gmail.com"
>
> <deebe..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> >Using 10gR2 - trying to find out where FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS are
> >recorded.
> >FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS is currently set to 10 as per the Default
> >profile.
>
> >There is no auditing in place but failed logins for users must be
> >recorded somewhere (ie internal table) for the profile to work.
>
> >Cheers
>
> dba_users would be the obvious answer.
> Also there now is a user_history table.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Neither contains the information:

SQL> desc dba_users

Name
Null? Type

USERNAME
NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)   USER_ID
NOT NULL NUMBER   PASSWORD
VARCHAR2(30)   ACCOUNT_STATUS
NOT NULL VARCHAR2(32)   LOCK_DATE
DATE   EXPIRY_DATE
DATE   DEFAULT_TABLESPACE
NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)   TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE
NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)   CREATED
NOT NULL DATE   PROFILE
NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)   INITIAL_RSRC_CONSUMER_GROUP
VARCHAR2(30)   EXTERNAL_NAME
VARCHAR2(4000) SQL> desc user_history$

Name
Null? Type

USER#
NOT NULL NUMBER   PASSWORD
VARCHAR2(30)   PASSWORD_DATE
DATE As I said earlier I doubt it's in the database, but it doesn't need to be. The code for login processing can handle that chore without having to store the result anywhere but memory.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Oct 16 2007 - 10:58:05 CDT