querying records with date field

From: <mrajanikrishna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:33:38 -0700

hi,

  I want to retrieve records from a table by comparing the date field.

select * from mytable where joindate >= <my date variable from frontend>

my date variable contains date time value. So I want to check with date and time.
>From the above query, I need to get records whose joindate >= 2007-
oct-11 19:25:06

How can I write the query to check the dates.

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Oct 15 2007 - 13:33:38 CDT