Re: drop tablespace

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2007 15:00:57 GMT

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:06:29 -0700, Barry Bulsara wrote:

> 10.2 RHEL
>
> Hi, could someone point me in the right direction for finding out all
> tablespaces being used for a given user.
>
> When our DB was created, someone just assigned users to default users
> tablespace and it got very very large. We have manually reassigned
> tablespaces for all users now and want to drop the default users
> tablespace. Before we do this, we want to check that this is not the
> default tablespace for any users.
>
> Thank you
> Barry.

First things first. You should never do backup in the form of transportable export. That might bring the much maligned USERS tablespace back to life and you will be unable to accomplish anything. Before some kid does backup, you should issue the following command.

DROP TABLESPACE USERS INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES; Users who used to have valuable data in the tablespace USERS will be easily recognizable by dazed look in their eyes and uncontrollable sobbing. If you overhear words like "tar and feathers", you should blame everything on the sun flares. You can also say that you were convinced how a simple rollback command will bring that back as you've never actually committed the transaction. That is the BDBAFH way.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com